Friday, May 2, 2008

Micheal Connolly

I don't remmeber what made me pick up my first Michael Connolly book. I may have read a review, had a friend tell me about his work, or seen something on the book cover that made me buy it, but I am so glad that I did.
For fans of the police procedural mystery or just fans of very good writing, Michael Connolly is a must read. His books are so tightly written and so entertaining that I hate finishing one when there is nothing new by him on the shelf.
He his main series involves Los Angeles Detective Hieronymus "Harry" Bosch, a Vietnam Vet who shares a name with a 16th Century Dutch Painter and has an undying passion for justice. Bosch is the main character written by Connelly. His non-series books have eventually found those characters' lives interwining with Bosch in later stories. Our introduction to Harry Bosch is The Black Echo.

Jack McEvoy is a reporter tracking a serial killer in The Poet, a fantastic novel which also introduces FBI agent Rachel Walling.

Terry McCaleb is a disabled/retired FBI agent who drives the story in Blood Work, a fantastic book so unlike the movie that you will be able to read the book with much pleasure even if you wasted your money on the movie. That movie is the second time that Clint Eastwood has taken an incredible book and made it into a horrible film, the first being Absolute Power by David Baldacci.

Do yourself a favor and pick up any of the three novels mentioned about. I would recommend reading them in order. But you can read The Poet or Blood Work without running across spoilers for the Bosch series.

Michael Connolly's website is found here: Michael Connelly

No comments: